The mobile pantry program helps get food to areas of our state that are under-served or have very limited pantry service.
In communities where we deploy mobile pantries, we seek out community champions to assist us with a location, volunteers and promotion of the food event. Our champions do the ground work locally and the Kansas Food Bank provides the food for distribution.
The distribution time for a mobile pantry lasts one hour. During this time, our guests check in and go through the line selecting food items for their household. The Kansas Food Bank supplies a mix of items from canned and dry goods, perishable foods, bread, frozen meat and beverages depending on availability.
Local volunteers help us unload, pack and distribute food to families in their respective communities who face food insecurity.
Upcoming Mobile Pantry Distributions:
- Tuesday, March 25 – Ashland, 11 am to noon
- Tuesday, March 25 – Minneola, 2 pm to 3 pm
- Tuesday, March 25 – Meade, 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 26 – Johnson City, 9 am to 10 am
- Wednesday, March 26 – Ulysses, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 26 – Satanta, 3 pm to 4 pm
- Thursday, March 27 – Ness City, 9 am to 10 am
For more information please contact Debi Kreutzman at 316-265-3663.