There are several ways you can participate in Walmart’s Fight Hunger Spark Change Challenge this year:
One item helps provide one meal. Walmart is working with six of its top suppliers: Campbell’s, ConAgra Foods, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Kraft and Unilever with a goal to raise 75 million meals for Feeding America food banks. Between April 6 and May 3, the purchase of approximately 70 participating grocery products at Walmart will trigger a donation. For each product purchased, the manufacturer will donate $0.10 the local food bank.
Walmart customers will also be able to make donations at the register on behalf of their local Feeding America food bank.
Share your smiles to raise funds for the entire Feeding America network! During the campaign, Walmart will raise awareness about the one in six people struggling with hunger in the U.S through a social media challenge. All food banks stand to benefit! Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture of six people who commit to fight hunger
- Post the picture on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – use the campaign hashtag #wesparkchange.
- Make sure your post is public to ensure it can be counted
- Walmart will donate $10 for every qualifying post, up to $1.5 million!
- Share your post and encourage your advocates, volunteers and donors to participate